Melissa is a qualified generation to be a young woman leader. One of Tjajo & Partners’ move in appreciating and respecting talent is by proposing our talented people to a higher carrier even to hold a critical position at the firm, such as a managing partner. Our next proposed managing partner comes from millennial. The clients praise Melissa as a qualified lawyer. She never intimidated by her young age, instead able to lead the transaction and advise people far more senior and mostly twice her age. Melissa is one of the Indonesia Rising Stars as profiled by ALB 2019 Asia Edition and one of and the youngest among the 10 practitioners. In addition, she was shortlisted by ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2019, 2018 for the Young Lawyer of the Year Category. Melissa was also nominated as a finalist for the “Woman Lawyer of the Year” and “Young Lawyer of the Year” category at the ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2020. Recently, Melissa has been accorded the ranking as one of Asia’s Top 15 Rising lawyers by the Asian Legal Business (ALB), 2021.
Melissa was a part in one of the biggest firms in Indonesia before joining Tjajo & Partners. She has more than twelve years of experience acting for both foreign and domestic clients, private and state-owned enterprises, and startup companies in various transactions. Her past representation on the ‘Acquisition of Holcim Indonesia by Semen Indonesia’ was considered as one of the high-profile deals in the last year due to its size and the impact on the relevant industry in the region, and was also being nominated as the finalist of M&A Deal of the Year (Premium) at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2019 and M&A Deal of the Year at the ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2019 Other representations on the ‘Acquisition Financing for Semen Indonesia’, and ‘Semen Indonesia’s Syndicated Loan’, were also being nominated respectively as the finalists for the Project Finance Deal of the Year and the Debt Market Deal of the Year at the ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2019.
One of her distinguished transactions has been noted as unique and deemed to be a landmark transaction in its field in Indonesia. She represents Lembaga Penjamin Simpanan/”LPS” (Indonesia Deposit Insurance Company) on the acquisition of PT Bank Mutiara Tbk, the first sale of a failed bank under LPS’ scheme.
Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Banking and Finance, Technology, Media and Telecommunication
- University of Indonesia, Bachelor of Law
- EDHEC Business School, France (under the international scholarship program from Total E&P where she attained her MSc in legal and tax management and being honored with the Best Student Award)
- Member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI)
- Member of the Association of Capital Markets Legal Consultants (Himpunan Konsultan Hukum Pasar Modal/HKHPM).
- Admitted to the Indonesian Bar Association and practice in the courts
- Licensed as a legal consultant to practice in the Indonesian capital market
- Registered with the Indonesian Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan/OJK) as a Professional Supporting the Capital Markets